Equalizer support in Amarok - patch

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:39:41 CEST 2009

Hi Artur.

I finally managed to get Amarok to play sounds again so I could actually
test your patch.

First of all: wow, well done, it actually works! :-)

I have a few comments:

I don't know if this belongs in the settings menu, I am thinking it would
fit better under "tools", but this is up for discussion. Also, we obviously
need a dialog for manually configuring levels. And then people would likely
want to be able to save their own custom presets as well, so there are a lot
of things to disuss and work on here! :-)

And then, as you yourself mention, there are some pretty significant
clipping in both the trebble especially the bass in some of the presets. I
am thinking that it might make sense to perhaps limit the range a little, as
it seems like we are really going beyound xines abilities with some
settings?

Anyway, keep up the good work, many people will be very happy to get this
feature back!

- Nikolaj