Zanshin on FreeBSD

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Dec 28 19:12:55 UTC 2015

Hiya,

I've built Zanshin 0.3-rc1 on FreeBSD 10.1, amd64. It uses clang 3.4. I ran
into one major compilation issue, which I patched out. That patch is attached
-- just for reference.It expands the call to std::transform() by hand,
basically. If I don't do that, I get the following linker error:

/usr/local/poudriere/ports/default/deskutils/zanshin/work/zanshin-0.2.91/src/widgets/pageview.cpp:
(.text+0x170e): undefined reference to
`_ZNSt3__18__invokeIRM21QSortFilterProxyModelKF11QModelIndexRKS2_ERPN12Presentation24ArtifactFilterProxyModelEJS4_EvEEDTcldsdeclsr3std3__1E7forwardIT0_Efp0_Efp_spclsr3std3__1E7forwardIT1_Efp1_EEEOT_OSC_DpOSD_'

POVAddict on IRC helped me decode that symbol a little. I have not been able
to produce a sensible case to reproduce this -- which would help me decide
what kind of bug this is. Compiling with clang-3.5 causes the compiler to core
out; Using clang 3.6 compiles without the patch, so I guess it's a compiler
issue.

So with those bits out of the way, Zanshin is ready to package on FreeBSD, so
whenever the final 0.3 release is done, it can be packed up and shipped as a
port within a few hours.

Except ..

Well, I've tried using Zanshin. It starts. It has "Inbox" selected. I click on
"New Item" in the toolbar. A popup shows me to type something and press enter.
I enter "explain Glenda", and Zanshin crashes. The trace ends like this:

#0  0x00000008036952b4 in Akonadi::Entity::Entity ()
   from /usr/local/lib/libakonadi-kde.so.4

I don't have enough debugging symbols enabled to provide something more useful
than that right now. Running Zanshin under gdb gets me the same crash,
although sometimes I need to enter a second item. In any case, the item does
*not* appear under the inbox.

If, on the other hand, I create a project, select that project, and *then*
enter a new item, it appears as expected. Under the selected project.

This might be akonadi derpishness. It might be something in Zanshin. Is there
a good way to track this down?

[ade]