[WikiToLearn] A draft proposal for a WikiToLearn Board and other structures

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sat May 21 22:30:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

On sabato 21 maggio 2016 21:09:32 CEST Davide Valsecchi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the late answer.
>
> In my opinion we need a mantainers table ASAP. It would be really useful to
> have a sort of coordination group of people for all the teams to keep in
> track all the parts of the project together. I think that this table should
> create a sort of periodical schedule and report the community about the
> acheivement of the goals.  This is a work that every team do separately now
> and it's necessary asap.
>
> Speaking about the board. I think that this is a very delicate point and it
> should be discussed with a lot of calm. We don't have to rush.
> This board would have decisional powers? only economical responsabilities?
> The two things must be, in my opinion, totally separated.

since this question has been asked more, let me restate what was already in
the document in a super clear way: the board has NO decisional power
whatsoever on the project, and will just serve (like in KDE) as economical/
legal responsibility. Given we have no funds right now, this is a kind of a
pointless role for the moment, and will probably only be needed in the case we
need to sign a partnership agreement with universities, to officially
represent WikiToLearn. In any case, they are not bosses, and they will serve
the community, not steer it.

I agree, we will setup the table of maintainers very soon... And the reports
is in their duties...

Bye,
-Riccardo