[WikiToLearn] A draft proposal for a WikiToLearn Board and other structures

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed May 11 22:58:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,

given the unexpected and rapid growth of WikiToLearn, many of you have
expressed concerns about having some more structure to organize work. I have
been giving it some thought, inspiring myself from how KDE e.V. and Fedora
work.

Here's a quick draft of what I imagined for WikiToLearn:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/
1xV6TZeYKxeZjn9OGqeaIKghS7rh780Zv_fRblW_4kWk/edit#

Note that there are almost no WikiToLearn resources for now, so the board job
should be minimal, but I want to have something ready just in case some
University or other charity decides to fund a WikiToLearn specific project.

A couple of unresolved notes:
 - The active electors group: KDE account holder seems like a nice idea, but
maybe we want them to be developers? or require a minimum time? or a support?
or...?
 - Same issue (but maybe it's less of a problem) for passive electors.

I would like to gather some feedback on the proposal and kickstart a first,
test mandate of these organs with a nomination, which would last half the
normal time (6 months/1 year), and would allow us to start these structures
(which we badly need) and review any rough points which may arise.

What do you think?

Bye,
-Riccardo, WikiToLearn BDFL