[WikiToLearn] Report from Trieste

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sat Jan 23 12:09:20 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thursday night I came back from Trieste, where I have stayed for a week doing
a tour in the most prestigious academical institutions of the city, speaking
about WikiToLearn. This is a brief report of what happened there, please ask
if you want me to elaborate more.

I have been speaking to about 20 people from the following institutions:

* SISSA ( www.sissa.it )
* ICTP ( www.ictp.it )
* University of Trieste

The enthusiasm for what we are doing has positively surprised me and gave me a
big boost of confidence that what we're doing is both valuable and has request
from the market. It was a little bit like selling water in the desert: the
enthusiasm was great and the participants we already have on board made
introductions much easier. They all decided to join at various level, so
expect contributions in the next months on the topics of advanced Mathematics,
theoretical and experimental Physics, and high performance computing.

To make things more interesting, ICTP is also backed by UNESCO and UN, and has
the mission to spread knowledge to developing countries. They now want to use
WikiToLearn for this purpose. :-)

We have a few follow-ups in this direction, including seminairs in front of
the Scientifical Commitee and or demonstrations to students and professors. I
will keep you up to date, but all in all, great news, celebrate! :-)

Bye,
-Riccardo