[WikiToLearn] GSOC-2016

Abhimanyu Shekhawat abhimanyu.bitsgoa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 03:34:56 UTC 2016

Hi there !
I am Abhimanyu Shekhawat, a sophomore perusing B.E(Hons)Computer Science,
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani - Goa,India. I would like
to take part in GSOC Programme 2016 with KDE Community.

Actually I am very excited about contributing to open source projects and I
already have experiences  with some of the college based projects till
now.I feel that being able to work in open source community will not only
expose me to new learning avenues but will also give me a chance to
contribute to the a much larger community.

I found several interesting projects in KDE Community Wiki that matches
with my interests. Hence I would like to take part in a WikitoLearn
project. Out of the project ideas listed, I would like to contribute to the
project : 2.14.5 Project: WikiToLearn Rating.

As far as my background is concerned,I have taken a course on Discreet
Mathematics
and currently perusing a rigorous Algorithm and Data structure course. Also
I have got an intermediate level of skill set in C++,C,Java,Android and
Mysql while a basic understanding of python.
Although I am quite new to "Extension Development" but I am sure I will
catch up with this too with some guidance.

I hope that my skills and enthusiasm will prove an asset to our project.So
I will be grateful if you can get me started on this project.

Thank you :D