[WikiFM] Linux content

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:34:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, August 21, 2015 03:12:43 PM Aaron Honeycutt wrote:
>> I'm wondering what type of content we are looking for on this page[1]. I've
>> thought of adding a filesystem layout explaining the linux filesystem in
>> modern linux (Ubuntu).
>
> I have no idea on how such a course would be structured, so feel free to
> experiment at your own convenience! ;-)
>
> -Riccardo

However, let's not redo the excellent TLDP.org, which already has
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/sect_03_01.html for instance.

Also, it's cool to cover the Linux filesystem and use ubuntu as one
example, but be aware that ubuntu is different in some ways from the
standard. Presenting it as *the* modern Linux is not wise. In fact, I
think a discussion of how the Linux, Windows, Mac and other
filesystems are the same, and different, might be really valuable.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez