[WikiToLearn] Test the local environment

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:42:52 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone

I'm writing to let you know what's going on with the tech side of
WikiToLearn. We have set up a procedure to get a local W2L environment on
your pc. Everything about the instruction to follow has been written on
http://meta.wikitolearn.org/Guide_for_the_development_of_WikiToLearn

Currently, I'm working to the CSS of the site. The theme is written with
 Bootstrap 2. My goal is to port everything to Bootstrap 3 and eventually
check what is  the compatibility with Bootstrap 4 alpha.
I'm posting here the screenshot I've taken of the beta testing of the new
css site. Once every tasks regarding the css on phabricator (
https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/wikitolearn/)
will be completed we will start uploading the new version. But some testing
is required.
There is lot of activity from the italian colleagues of the Bicocca
university, even though lots of these guys prefer to focus on writing
courses material inside W2L. So my question is:
is there anyone that wants to join the developing/testing group of
WikiToLearn? Tasks can go from something simple as check whether the layout
of the site is responsive to bugfixes of parsers.
Help is really really appreciated, so if you want to start viewing what we
have done so far please follow the guide posted above.

I remember that if you are interested in some sector of the development of
W2L you can also check out  our communication channel

http://meta.wikitolearn.org/Communication_channels

If you have any question please, let us know.
Waiting for your feedback,

--
Gianluca