[WikiToLearn] Latex to Wiki

Gmail Formale valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:43:02 UTC 2015

Dear WikiLearners,

During the last sprint, me,Gianluca and Martina started the creation of a Latex to Mediawiki converter. I'm proud to say that we are almost ready for production!
The main markup tags are supported, sectioning is used to automatically create the tree of wiki pages. All amsmath math is fully supported and the parser is able to expand user defined macros.

Now, we are working on adding more unusual tags, but we manage to import a complete course of Structure of matter.

For now, we decide to manually import Latex files in order to test the parser and add new features. If you want to help us, I'll publish as soon as possible a contribution guide in the GitHub repo. We are heavily using phabricator to manage tasks.

If you have latex content to convert please send me: latex at wikitolearn.org
The parser output is a xml file that can be imported in wikitolearn by Special:Import page.

Bye for now
Davide Valsecchi

Davide Valsecchi