[WikiToLearn] Semantic feature ideas

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:30:52 UTC 2015

I don't know if this has something related to semantic ideas,
but I would like to propose you this feature:

I've been always struggling to search on google for specific math formula
(not the name but the formula itself) but this is kinda impossible
because you often
find pdf documents with math inside (and pdf often is rendered by
LaTeX). If, instead, we can think about a system where
we can search the relative formula expression in LaTeX it would be a
feature unique in its genre.
Giving you an example, to find the Eulero Formula I can simply type
"e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0"

Mine is just an idea and I don't even know if it is possible to
implement such a feature, but
I thought it was worth to share it with you

Bye,
Gianluca

> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 01:56:27 PM Davide Valsecchi wrote:
>> An automatic label to theorem could be really useful, but we need to figure
>> out how to refer to them in wikitext. Maybe an extension?
>
> Let's have a real proposal of what we want to do and ask/involve wikitech-l
> for feedback :-)
>
> -Riccardo

Gianluca