[WikiToLearn Tech] Use upstream snapshot instade of submodules to save disk space and download time

Luca Toma toma.luca95 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:01:33 UTC 2016

Hi,
during the sprint and this week after the sprint me, Dario, Christian and
Davide are working on new WikiToLearn scirpts.

Today i was doing some test and i notice that the main parte of the "git
clone" operation is for mediawiki history.

My idea is avoid using mediawiki history and use the relase bundle and make
some script that mangage this.

Same thing can be done for some extension and keep as submodules only
things developed internaly (like Neverland) or with an intensive
development.

What you think about?

Toma Luca