[WikiToLearn Tech] Ubuntu fonts bug

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:32:35 UTC 2016

I tried to import locally the new latin modern and include it with
@font-face. The problem is that is not so light (something about 460
kb).
I know what Cristian is saying but I will see as a temporary
workaround the fallback to svg instead of the local fonts. The reason
is mainly because of speed of the pages. However, we can do some tests
on both sides to see how it goes

> On Friday, March 25, 2016 01:54:41 PM Cristian Baldi wrote:
>> We have to find a temporary workaround for this (the CSS font thing
>> suggested by Gianluca maybe, how big is the font file?) and at the same
>> time ask upstream (Ubuntu? Firefox?) to fix the problem.
>
> The bug is in the font package, apparently. Maybe we can temporarily suspend
> supporting MathML?
> I know there are other ways to build accessibility features into math, I am
> not sure how well they work, though...
>
> Bye,
> -Riccardo

Gianluca