[WikiToLearn Tech] Plans for the next release and related projects

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Thu Mar 17 18:29:33 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, 17. März 2016, 16:35:16 CET schrieb Riccardo Iaconelli:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:36:04 PM Gianluca Rigoletti wrote:
> > I came to the sprint with few clear ideas but they have been
> > drastically changed due to the editor requests. At the end I will try
> >
> > to follow this workflow:
> >  1. Neverland will be still improved with minor features and mainly
> >
> > bugfixes. It will support Visual Editor as well.
> >
> >  2. A new skin will be built from scratch, taking care of what has
> >
> > emerged from the sprint. I'm still thinking about a name.
> >
> > Tell me if you have something to say about it.
>
> Please speak to Ingo about this to make sure you are aligned. Is this going
> to be part of the GSoC he wants to mentor?

That of course depends on you guys. Is it supposed to be done as fast as
possible? Do you still want to keep the wtl neverland repo?
The plan for gsoc indeed would be to improve the neverland builder engine AND
integrate the wtl theme, either the old or a new version, that is not very
important. Both can be done. The repo would be the KDE one.

But gsoc takes a while, and it is yet to be decided if the task gets a slot
(and a student, the applications are not done yet).
If it fails to become a gsoc project, fine, then it can be done alone.

> Bye,
> -Riccardo

cheerio,
--