[WikiToLearn Tech] Fwd: Neverland as a submodule

Luca Toma toma.luca95 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:39:32 UTC 2016

The basic idea is: (our) neverland is not a thing like the main homepage,
is a standard mediawiki theme developed for wikitolearn.
I think we can tell to evry developer that works only on the theme to use a
standard setup of mediawiki to write the code and test it, only after this
we need to test it on the wikitolearn env, this workflow can speed up the
theme development and allow evry html/css/php developer to work on the
theme without have to install all wikitolearn stuff.

I think we can't use one repo because the theme and wikitolearn aren't the
same thing, also about the history of the repo: if you have only one repo
there isn't a log for only the theme stuff but you have to deal evrytime
with other things not related to the skin (like new OCG image, or new
script stuff).

My idea is about allow a developer to have only things required to work and
have one repo for evrything is not the way, i think we are on the right way
for this, "I wouldn't like to change the way"

Toma Luca