Content referencing

Davide Valsecchi valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:46:12 UTC 2016

I have an idea that could make this feature really interesting for users.

We should reproduce a sort of label/ref latex mechanism along all wiki
pages.
When a label it's create with our tag, the section of the page to which it
refers is saved in a table in db and made unique.
When another page use <content-ref label=> a link to the right content is
created, without the need of knowing the right page.

To make things neat we should use a sort of "scope" for labels. When
writing ref for a specific course the user should use a label like
"/coursename/label". Doing so, similar labels won't conflict and they will
be easier to use and categorize.

Then we can go further. Imagine a tool that read all the labels and made
them searchable. We could also add metadata to label tag and made this
information avaiable for queries. When someone wants to refer a theorem or
a specific part, he has only to query to check if an existing content
exists.

Alessandro, that could really interest you for semantics features.