Cross-wiki notifications

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Thu Feb 4 11:42:08 UTC 2016

Hi Matt!

On 3 February 2016 at 23:57, Matthew Flaschen <mflaschen at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> I spoke to Riccardo at FOSDEM, and he indicated you might be interested in
> setting up cross-wiki notifications.
>
> There is not much documentation right now (
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125728).  But basically you need to
> run db_patches/echo_unread_wikis.sql (in Echo repo) in a shared database
> (that all wikis can access).
>
> Then, set $wgEchoSharedTrackingDB and $wgEchoSharedTrackingCluster
> appropriately.
>
> Also set $wgEchoUseCrossWikiBetaFeature to true if you want it to be a
> Beta Feature (requires BetaFeatures extension) (probably a good idea to
> make it a BetaFeature initially while we iron out any issues).

Thanks for following up! I am happy to serve you as a testing and help you
debug the cross-wiki notifications.
I am convinced this will be a very important feature for us.

As Luca was saying, we're in a freeze status until the end of the week, so
we can integrate it as soon as the new development cycle starts (aka next
week). Your suggestion to use it as a BetaFeature also makes sense, we
should look into it.

Dev team, what are your opinions?

Bye,
-Riccardo
Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום