Namespace for "special" pages

Cristian Baldi bld.cris.96 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 15:19:25 UTC 2015

Hello,

while working on a script to check if pages can be converted to PDF I, with
the help of others, found a potential issue.

There are some pages which can't be converted to PDF because of their
nature (think of the "Main Page" or the page of each course, they can't be
converted to LaTeX and then to PDF because they contain some special
content)

The problem is that right now we can't really do much to avoid checking
these special pages (We could manually maintain a blacklist of some sort
but who wants to do that? And it is not scalable).

What about creating one or more namespaces for these special non-pdfable
pages?

For example creating a namespace "Course:" (or "Math:","Science:", but I
don't know if it is ok to have that many namespaces) for course idexes. Or
a namespace "WikiToLearn:" for the main pages.

What are your ideas about this?

Cristian