[WebKit-devel] Re: Making 1.1 and 1.2 releases

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 22:22:28 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:48 PM,  <alekcejk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was 6 month ago when kwebkitpart 1.1 was branched:
> https://projects.kde.org/news/21
>
> 1.2 also branched but still no releases for 1.1 or 1.2 branches.
>
> Is there plans to make releases for 1.1 and 1.2 branches?
> If no releases planned what branches snapshots are you recommend
> to package with KDE 4.6. and 4.7?

There is no plan to make an official tar ball for the 1.1 branch.
There was an official announcement about it, but you the distros were
expected to check it the code out from git and compile it if they
wanted to distribute it.  It is recommended you use the 1.1 branch for
KDE 4.6 release.

For KDE 4.7, I plan to create an actual tar ball of the 1.2 branch and
upload it to ftp.kde.org. That should ease the workload on the
distros.

Post the 1.2 release I am going to work to try and get kwebkitpart
moved to the kdebase module to simplify the release process and ensure
users get the most updated webkit part with new releases of KDE.

Regards,
Dawit A.