[WebKit-devel] Cleanups and future of playgound/libs/webkitkde

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Jan 23 18:17:07 CET 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 11:36:40 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> Ok, I have just cleaned up the bug tracker. Great result: 3 wishlist enties
> and 1 bug. :) Just great. I think we are ready for kdereview now. Following
> the updated list how I/we will continue with things.

Thank you for cleaning up the bug reports... Just so that everyone is aware,
since you did not mention it, the new components in bugzilla for webkit in KDE
are split into two: "kdewebkit" and "kwebkitpart" under the "kdelibs" and
"general" products respectively.

> * Drop kdewebkit/ when KDE SC 4.4 is out, which is in kdelibs now (will be
> released with KDE SC 4.4).Note that 4.4 is already branched, so do not
>  forget to backport any new fix.
>
> * Rename the translations (catalog) to kwebkitpart.
>
> * Rename part/ to src/ since it contains all relevant sourcecode for the
>  part.
>
> * Move it to kdereview, rename the folder webkitkde/ to kwebkitpart/ for
> reviewing. After two weeks, move it to extragear/base (when everything is
>  fine after reviewing).
>
> Hope this is okay for everyone. If not, please object.

No objection, but rather a question and a suggestion. When are you planning on
moving the webkit part code into kdereview ? Before or after KDE 4.4 release ?
To me that determines when we should drop kdewebkit in playground. We should
not drop any of the components in playground until all of them have been moved
to their final destination...