[WebKit-devel] Cleanups and future of playgound/libs/webkitkde

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Mon Jan 11 21:15:34 CET 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:27:34 -0500, "Dawit A." <adawit at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Urs,
>
> First, personally I believe it should end up in either
"extragear/network"
> or
> "extragear/base".  Having said that I have a couple of suggestions...

After thinking about it a bit, prefer base; also not network releated apps
could use the part.

> #1.) Please rename "webkitkde" to either "kwebkitpart" or "webkitpart"
> when
> you move it into kdereview. There has already been enough confusion
about
> this
> already. And since after your modification only the code related to the
> part
> remains, the module name should reflect that...

Sure, what was my plan (kwebkitpart).

> #2.) Can we do the same thing we did with the kdewebkit move into
kderevew
> ?
> That is please leave the stuff in playground while stuff is in
kdereview.
> Otherwise, this will hinder my ability to work on kwebkitpart until such
> time
> that KDE 4.4. is released. I still did not find the time to move up to
KDE
> 4.4
> on the lone machine I have...

Oh, I did not plan to hurry to move it to kdereview... I thought we would
work on fixing more issues before. So I will let kdewebkit there until KDE
SC 4.4 for Archlinux is out. ;)

Bye
urs

> On Sunday 10 January 2010 16:56:14 Urs Wolfer wrote:
>> I plan to do the following steps soon (probably next weekend):
>>
>> * Drop kdewebkit/, which is in kdelibs now (will be released with KDE
SC