[WebKit-devel] GSoC proposals

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sun Feb 28 14:26:57 CET 2010

Hi Allan

On Thursday 25 February 2010 13:50:01 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Hello WebKitPart'ers
>
> There's  a few konqueror proposals on the GSoC page, can you please
> brainstorm and see if there is something you would like to add?

Where can I find this page? I have not found anything on techbase...

> The project about easier engine-switching is very small and I imagine it
> will combine well with some more porting or integration work in
> webkitpart, but I am unsure what people here are working on currently, so
> I want to pass the suggestions by you.

I agree with Dawit in this case. There is much more to do than "just" the GUI
stuff. It's basically a future task of my SoC project in 2008. Though I'm not
really sure if that would be enough work for a SoC project. We need to write
down all the required remaining integration task.

> So correct me if I am wrong, but are you still missing a few features from
> KHTML:
>  * Incremental search dialog
>  * Form completion dialog
>  * Smooth scrolling
>  * Java
>  * AdBlocK
IMHO AdBlocK code could be shared with reKonq since it also uses the same
config UI (not sure about the code). There are features missing (also in
KHTML) like CSS selectors for hiding things and auto update of filterin lists.
I have recently seen the AdBlock plugin for Chromium which has IMHO a great
configuration UI. We need something like that as well.

Bye
urs