[WebKit-devel] KDE WebKit status update [Remix]

Michael Howell mhowell123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:17:50 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 09:21:56 Dawit A. wrote:
> Not really... A cookie management application would have no use for the
> AccessManager. The same if you want to integrate with the platform specific
> cookie manager whenever possible  (casuse the Qt version is useless), but
> want to stick with QHttp.
I see your point.

> Well IMO if we want to really make the intent of these classes clear, they
> should be put under a clear namespace, e.g. KDENetworkIntegration.
>
> namespace KIO
> {
>
> namespace KDENetworkIntegration
> {
>
> class AccessManager : public QNetworkAccessManager
> {
> };
>
> class CookieJar : public QNetworkCookieJar
> {
> };
>
> } // namespace KDENetworkIntegration
>
> // TODO: Remove KDE 5. BC
> typedef KDENetworkIntegration::AccessManager AccessManager
>
> } // namespace KIO
>
> I rather prefer that nested namespace because the sole purpose of the
>  second namespace is to indicate the intent of these classes. It also
>  removes the classes out of the toplevel KIO namespace... Anyhow, I really
>  do not have any preference how this is handled so long as the class is
>  placed in the correct location in the end...
That'd work pretty well. Of course, you'd need to do it in the opposite
direction (typedef AccessManager KDENetworkIntegration::AccessManager) to
maintain binary, as well as source, compatibility.

I don't really have a preference how, I'd just like it to be clear that the
classes go together.

--
Please don't send HTML-only mail (if you like, you can use multipart). If you
forward messages, please clean off the garbage. Thanks!
mhowell123 at gmail.com