[WebKit-devel] Protected Q_SLOTS in KWebPage

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Oct 11 16:19:16 CEST 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009 08:22:30 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> Michael, do you think it makes sense to have these virtual slots there? Or
> should the moved to the d-ptr and be declared with Q_PRIVATE_SLOT? If they
> stay there, I'm not sure about the name. Is it common to call them "slotX"?
> Also they should be documented.

I personally think those particular slots belong in WebPage and should not be
in KWebPage. Having said that if they stay they cannot be made private because
they need to be re-implementable by inheriting classes. For example, WebPage
re-implements slotUnsupportedContent. The only thing you can do to them is
rename...