[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

Michael Howell mhowell123 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:19:55 CEST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 06:46:32 Dawit A. wrote:
> Well that is correct statement only for approach #1. It has a very bad
> limitation in that since it uses
>  parentWidget()->layout()->addWidget(QWidget*) to add the widget, it might
>  screw things if the parent object used the addWidget functions in
>  QGridlayout for example ; so that is true for approach #1, but not for
>  approach #2. See below...
Okay, I guess I did misunderstand the second proposal.

> Truth be told there is no reason for kdewebkit as a rendering engine to
> provide search widgets at all. Search widgets are a function of the
> application. That is the source of the problem.
Okay. Moving the search bar into WebKitPart would work well.

> You completely misunderstood the point I was attempting to make or I did
>  not do a good enough job of explaining it.
From what I heard you say, you were proposing adding KWebViewBar as a class.
To do so, the widgets added to it would either need to end up inside the
KWebView (impossible), or in the parent widget...

--
Please don't send HTML-only mail (if you like, you can use multipart). If you
forward messages, please clean off the garbage. Thanks!
mhowell123 at gmail.com