[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

Michael Howell mhowell123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:26:42 CEST 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 16:54:13 Dawit A. wrote:
> One more additional issue which I am most definitely going to fix is
>  SearchBar being exposed through a public QWidget* searchBar() accessor
>  function. This is complete no no to me especially since the SearchBar API
>  itself is private! Anyhow, it is simple enough to address this matter
>  through few slots and perhaps signals...
You mean by placing the search bar widget inside the QWebView? Unless
something has changed, that's impossible. The QWebPage paints directly to the
QWebView, making it impossible to place anything else into it. As a result,
you have to contain the search bar and the QWebView in the same parent widget,
which is what the QWidget* searchBar() thing is for.