[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Fri Oct 2 00:18:11 CEST 2009

On Thursday 01 October 2009 18:00:24 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> On Thursday 01 October 2009 11:53:29 David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > > One comment from my side: I would like to put kdewebkit (the binding
> > >  between  kdelibs <-> QtWebKit into kdelibs/webkit ASAP. I think the
> > >  current state of this part is quite good. Most bugs have been fixed
> > > there. This way many apps/libs could use KWeb* instead of QWeb so they
> > > could profit from the KDE- integration. Any objections / ideas?
> >
> > Makes sense.
>
> I'd like know something more about the NetworkAccessManager class
>  implemented in the kdewebkit/kwebpage.cpp file that the binding use.
> Is it possible/planned merging it with KIO::AccessManager? If not, why?

It will not because that private implementation filters out requests using the
WebSettings class that maps khtml configuration information to QtWebkit. And
that obviously does not belong in KIO. More over the set "session/request"
meta data api is specific to how the kdewebkit uses the KIO meta data system
and is neither needed nor necessary in a generic location like KIO.

May I ask why you wanted that to be merged ?