[WebKit-devel] AccessManager Integration

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:39:14 CET 2009

I'm sorry my comments and reviews usually arrive "out-of-time", but I really
have poor free time in this period..

I'd like to debate here about the decision of providing a "private"
implementation of KIO::AccessManager in kdewebkit.
This morning I reviewed all commits and ml discussions about and I really
didn't understand (yet) this decision.
What's the gain in hiding the accessmanager? I fear nothing. In example I need
to support some custom protocol implementation (abp: , rekonq: , about:
schemes). And I need to customize the accessmanager::createRequest method for.
Moreover applications and libs just using customized KIO::AccessManager
(plasma, kget/libbtcore, khns3 and obviously kdewebkit the most notable ones)
so having a proper API to access metadata can be useful for all.
Moreover cookies, from what I know, are http not just browsers related, so I
think (k)cookiejar integration should be enabled by default there.

This way, we can provide a general KIO::AccessManager in kdewebkit (or enable
it by default with a bool enable in webpage ctor, the same way kwebview does
with kwebpage) letting all users to customize it as they like (and easily
implement adfilters, custom protocol handling and so on).

Regards,

--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project