[WebKit-devel] Better library/header name for the webkit kpart...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Nov 15 05:24:10 CET 2009

The current naming scheme for the webkit kpart is utterly confusing. The
library is named "webkitkde". The KDE wrapper that was recently moved to
kdelibs produces a library called "kdewebkit"! As such I am proposing the
following changes:

#1. Rename webkitkde to kwebkit.
#2. Rename webkitpart to kwebkitpart.
#3. Rename all classes, files named webkitpart.* to kwebkitpart.*
#4. Install kwebkitpart.h under ${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR} not
${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR}/webkitkde
#5. Same thing as #4 for the C++ style header file install.

All of these changes would make the webkit kpart follow defacto KDE naming
conventions and be available in the very same locations as most other kparts,
e.g. khtml. If there are objections to doing this, then we at least need to
change the name of the part library (NOTE: I am aware the kpart plugin library
is named "webkitpart").