[WebKit-devel] Reviewing kdewebkit

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 03:21:24 CET 2009

Hi all,

Today I tried having a mini review of kdewebkit lib and API. I came out with a
lot of questions and (probably) no real hints :) Anyway, here you are firsts:

1.
I noticed the private implementation of KIO::AccessManager does an heavy use
of its parent, calling it for every createRequest() call. Shouldn't be better
adding a KWebPage pointer there and using it?

2.
In KWebPage we have downloadRequest public function. Doc suggests we can
connect it to QWebPage::downloadRequested signal. But this function is *not* a
slot. Am I missing something or it has been just forgotten?

3.
I'm having some problems with KWebView signals.
Surely it's just me, but seeing for example the linkShiftClicked() signal I
ran to connect it to KWebPage::downloadRequest(). And I couldn't because of
parameters. :(

4.
I think the qt 4.6 checks in the code are unuseful because and should be
removed as Qt 4.6 is going to be an hard dependency of the whole KDE 4.4

Regards,

--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project