[WebKit-devel] Issue with KNetworkAccessManager

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sun Mar 8 12:50:37 CET 2009

Hi

I have noticed that there is some bug in KNetworkAccessManager. Debuging quite
a lot of time helped to track down the issue a bit; but I have not found a
solution/fix yet. Also there are some bugs reported already which are releated
to that issue.

The following steps help to reproduce that issue.

Open http://extjs.com. If you compare the result with for example with KHTML
or Arora, you will see that there are some images missing. Reload the page in
the WebKit KPart; looks fine then.
I have found out that the missing images are defined in a stylesheet (
http://extjs.com/assets/css/extjs.css ). There the image urls are relative.
All these relative urls fail to load because
KNetworkAccessManager::createRequest get a wrong request url (for example
http://extjs.com/images/topbar.png instead of
http://extjs.com/assets/images/topbar.png ).
I have really no idea why this happens. Also it seems to be releated to
caching; that's why it works if you reload the page. Who does create the wrong
urls?

This bug is a blocker. Many pages do not work correctly because of that
(another example is GMail).

It would be great if somebody could look into that issue.

Simon, would be nice if you could redirect this mail to the person who wrote
that QNetworkAccessManager <-> QtWebKit stuff.

Thanks for any input.

Bye
urs