[WebKit-devel] webkit-kpart and gmail

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:45:26 CET 2009

Hello,

I finally succeeded in migrating from kde-3.5 to kde-4.2!

A while ago I was using arora browser which is based on qt-webkit to simulate how it would be if I use konqueror with webkit-kpart.

Although both of them using the same version of qt-webkit, there is a difference between the two.

As far as I see the UserAgent string is sent without "AppleWebKit/412" id, should this be send?

Is there any configuration needed in order to make gmail work properly in standard view?

Konqueor-3.5 worked well with faked agent of Mozilla-1.7.3, while konqeuror 4.2 does not.

I thought that using WebKit all problems will be solved, as Gmail supports WebKit.

For now I am using arora for gmail.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Alon.