[WebKit-devel] Flash plugin and webkitpart crash...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Aug 12 04:21:46 CEST 2009

As unbelievable as it may seem, if I use the default user agent string
returned by QWebPage::userAgentForUrl, then I no longer get these crashes!!
Dunno really know why yet and I do not feel like fishing into Qt's WebKit code
to find out why... However after searching for the place the bt ends
(XtRemoveTimeOut), it seems that neither the crash nor the possible solution
are at all. As a matter of fact the nspluginviewer works around the issue by
giving the nspluginviewer a fake user-agent string "Gecko" as well!!  See the
refernce links below.

Anyhow, I guess it is reasonable to assume that the QtWebKit performs similar
workaround and fakes the user agent string, but only if the default user agent
string is used ??? Dunno... but sounds logical enough.

Here are some useful links on this issue for future reference:

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3162
http://lists.kde.org/?t=120636594000004&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=120903182100001&r=1&w=2