[WikiToLearn Editors] [WikiToLearn] Communication channels

Davide Valsecchi valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:40:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I think that this is not a so dramatic change in our decisions making
process, it's only more transparent.

As usual during meetings and mini-sprints we create a sort of summary of
ideas and decisions. This is sent to the appropriate mailing list but in
the meanwhile (having a little refined version) we have to post it the
right page of meta.  In this way the editing of the proposals is tracked
and more accessible. Obviously all the discussion takes place in the mls,
but not the content of the documents.

I understand that some topics are more delicate but the decisions about the
community must be the more pubblic as possible. Moreover the subpages of
meta are not the landing pages of all the website but something for the
really interested people, so we don't have to worry too much with draft of
decisions.

I think that it won't be that big amount of work, just copy and paste the
google doc into a meta page -> the updates are in the history of the page.
We have just to keep updated these pages with the final decisions,
something we have already done in the past.

Il giorno gio 19 mag 2016 alle ore 22:20 Riccardo Gilardi <
riccardo.gilardi1996 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,

> >My idea is
> >
> > Open a ML thread for every decision we have to make
> >
> > Link the ML thread in the appropiate meta.wikitolearn.org page
> >
> > When we make a decision update the meta page with the decision
>

> I like it: having an updated and easily readable document is much
> better than our current workflow (based only on ML).
>
> So far, our ML threads begin with documents of the report of some
> meeting/sprint, but these docs are rather “static” - they aren’t
> updated and most importantly, they aren’t often reported on meta
> (where they could be read by any user).

I definitely agree with this.  The documents about meetings' decisions and
discussions are
sent to the mls but it's difficult to contribute and usually at the end
they aren't saved on meta.

> > Push a notification for each new thread or decision on the news channel
> on
> > telegram (and maybe make a newsletter about this kind of stuff)
>

> +1, this would help users who are not subscribed to the ML to keep
> updated, one way or another.
>
> > Every decision must have its own thread on ml to be sure everyone have
> the
> > opportunity to propose his idea.
> > I think this is the best way of handling the decision process now.
> >

> > I’m starting with this mail because i think can improve our community.
>

> I love this idea. I think this is a great way to openly inform
> everyone about the state of progress of the decisions, about any topic
> being discussed in the ML.

+1