In Entity Diagram Relationship's lines behave weird

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 06:17:29 UTC 2017

> Hi Ralf,
>
> thank you for your answare.

>> Am 27.07.2017 um 21:42 schrieb Csányi Pál:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to use Umbrello to design an SQlite database. It should be
>>> OK to me to get SQL code only from the diagramm.
>>>
>>> But, during design of the Entity Relationship Model the lines of
>>> Relationships behave weird.
>>>
>>> The attached image can best explain what is happening here.
>>>
>>> What can cause this weird behavior?
>> There are overlapping dependencies from timetable to lessonplan and vice
>> versa.
>>> How can I solve this problem?
>> Move mouse cursor over a dependency, then right click and select "add
>> point". Then select the point and move it vertical to avoid the overlap.
>> Umbrello currently does not detect those cases.
>

> It is still hard to arrange those lines, because when I try to move
> them away, lines bounces pell-mell and then I get the state as it is
> shown in my attached image. Lines goes at the end of Entity but text
> that belongs to that line stay away from that line.
>
> It is hard to work in such circumstances with Umbrello. Sorry.
>
> --
> Best, Pali

I try to set up Auto Layout in Umbrello Settings, like this:
unchecked Auto detect layout generator
Generator executable path: /usr/bin/unflatten

unflatten is a graphviz tool, from man graphviz:
adjust directed graphs to improve layout aspect ratio

So may be this is the right setting for the layout generator?

--
Best, Pali