Sequence diagram

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 24 07:49:39 UTC 2017

Am 22.02.2017 um 12:02 schrieb Wojciech BraƄski:
> I see that Umbrello project is pretty mature so I wonder why there is
> a lack (or I don't know
> how to achieve it)  of some options.
> For now I see  that I can't add a simple activation box to the live
> line in a sequence diagram. The only way to get an activation box is
> to use synchronous message,
yes

> but I cant add the box for asynchronous message.
yes, this is the nature of asynchrounous messages You cannot determine
how long it takes to process and you do not get any return value.
If you want to connect two asynchronous message it is currently possible
to use the box widget as graphical box or add a note and connect both

> I also see that I can do that on the object itself as well.
Not sure to what you are refering here ?

> What's more there is no a nice representation for nested activation
> box which should be a little shifted in relation to an activation box
> it derived from.
Please file a feature request for this or if possible provide a patch.

Regards

Ralf