[umbrello] positioning association lines in class diagram

jewing2 jewing2 at masonlive.gmu.edu
Mon Apr 13 19:42:45 UTC 2015

All,

I am a new user to Umbrello.  I am using version:  2.15.2.  It is a huge improvement over version 2.11.5.  So kudos to the bug hunters and the granters of new features.

I have a tricky class diagram (a C++ template library for multi-threaded heuristic search) that I'm trying to fit on one page of my dissertation.

I'd like to be able to better control where the association lines attach to the classes to make my diagram more readable.  As it is now, association lines are sometimes attaching to the opposite side of the class and often  tending to attach to the templates in the top right corner.

I have tried adding points and using different layouts for the associations.  Adding points sometimes helps me re-position where it connects to the class, but my rate of success is pretty low.  I do see a blue dot where the association attaches to the class, but I have not been able to move this blue dot (which is intuitively how one would expect to move where the association line attaches to the class).

I'll be on the Umbrello IRC channel for the new few days.

Thanks for all your efforts in making and maintaining this tool.

-John