[umbrello] confirm cb57a8ffbb539970aaa4968914a3381f7c019162

Howard Lee Harkness howard.lee.harkness at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:32:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:05 AM, <umbrello-request at kde.org> wrote:

> We have received a request from 77.25.212.237 for the removal of your
> email address

Well that's interesting... I made no such removal request. Looks like
somebody there doesn't want me. The IP is from Germany.

I joined the list because I am looking for some specific information on
umbrello, and I wanted to see how active the list is. Umbrello appears to
be the only open-source UML tool that has all of the features that I need,
but one of the must-haves doesn't work, at least not in my environment. In
an attempt to find out why, I looked up some past bug reports, and saw some
that indicated that prior releases would hang on code import, so I thought
maybe I had an old version.

apt-get says it's up to date, but due to security at my client site, I'm
stuck with repositories that have been "approved" (which I think is a bit
misguided for Linux/FOSS repos, but then there was the recent ShellShock
bash bug, so maybe they are correct in being paranoid). But I thought it
strange that a couple of search attempts, and a look at the project page
did not reveal the version numbers and release dates, so I inquired on this
list.

...and apparently somebody took exception to my questions.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for the root cause of my import problem. The
things that have occurred to me so far are:

The include files I am trying to import

   - use namespaces
   - have some implementation code
   - make liberal use of typedefs
   - make liberal use of macros
   - make liberal use of enums

When I have some time, I will run some experiments to see if I can import
something simpler. For now, it's looking like I'm going to have to "import"
this code by hand, which is a tedious and error-prone process I was hoping
to avoid.

--
Howard Lee Harkness
(214) 269-1171