[umbrello] How to use auto-layout features and how to align middles

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Mar 3 01:01:01 UTC 2014

Am 25.02.2014 13:34, schrieb Javier Alfonso:
> Hello all,
>
> I have used Umbrello for few, and I have found that settings have an
> Auto Layout options but I can't found how to use it in a Activity
> diagram. Please, can some one tell me how to use it?
You may use the appended layout file.
If you are on linux and have installed umbrello in default location with
your packager manager, copy the appended file into
/usr/share/kde4/apps/umbrello/layouts/. If you installed umbrello from
source as described at http://umbrello.kde.org/installation.php you may
install this file into  $HOME/umbrello/share/apps/umbrello/layouts/
On windows the directory is located at
<install-root>/share/kde4/apps/umbrello/layouts/.

> Also, I like to align the middle of activities so all are aligned and
> normal flow go down from the middle of each activity. I have tried
> activating align to grid, but this align the qupper left corner to the
> grid not the center so I have disabled it and I'm doing it manually
> (that is a little boring). Can be done better o more easily?
The above mentioned auto layout will help to align more. Unfortunally in
the recent state of the source the alignment of associations may not be
ideal. If the results do not fit your needs you may file a bug report.

Regards
 Ralf