[umbrello] How to use auto-layout features and how to align middles

Javier Alfonso jabellota at penalara.com
Tue Feb 25 12:34:09 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have used Umbrello for few, and I have found that settings have an
Auto Layout options but I can't found how to use it in a Activity
diagram. Please, can some one tell me how to use it?

Also, I like to align the middle of activities so all are aligned and
normal flow go down from the middle of each activity. I have tried
activating align to grid, but this align the upper left corner to the
grid not the center so I have disabled it and I'm doing it manually
(that is a little boring). Can be done better o more easily?

Sorry if I'm very noob to Umbrello, but I want to learn how to use it
fully. Also note, that I have learned the handbook
(http://umbrello.kde.org/documentation.php), but not found an answer to
previous questions.

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 and Umbrello UML Modeller Version 2.11.5.

Javier Alfonso
jabellota at penalara.com