[Uml-user] recursive file import from folders & problem on kdesdk4

pieggibo pieggibo at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 19 00:40:42 UTC 2008

Hallo,
I'm new to this ML.
I'm continuing a project written in C++ at UIUC, so I needed a UML grapher
to have a better vision of it.
Umbrello seems a good tool to do it, is very similar to JUDE UML for Java.

I'm running Umbrello 1.5.7 on Mandriva that uses KDE 3.5 and I can't
import the code simply indicating the folders. Umbrello doesn't address
this, I should import all .H files and manually creating a folder onto
Umbrello to reflect the new folders.

Since this is complex to do manually, I installed kdesdk4 and umbrello (on
kde 3.5) guessing that this feature was included. But running ./umbrello
on kde4 folder I get errors because umbrello looks for files into ~/.kde4
folder (that clearly doesn't exist).
Do I have to install KDE4 on this machine? I don't admin rights and that
will take several days since I have to open a ticket for it.

Does the version 2 import code recursively? (so, is it worth try to
install kde4?)

Thank you
Regards
Claudio