[Uml-user] Operations Code Import / Edit

jonsberndt at comcast.net jonsberndt at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 11:29:57 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I am taking an initial look at Umbrello. One question I have about the Code Import feature, as well as the code generation feature, is that I don't see a way for the body of existing code operations to be imported, stored, edited, etc. I could not find any mention of editing code for methods in the manual or the FAQ. So, maybe this cannot be done. In that case, I am wondering what the value of Umbrello is for the larger software development task or for existing projects. I would like to refine my classes, but if I import them into Umbrell and use code generation, I think I would need to copy and paste the existing class method code from the existing code into the code generated by Umbrello. Am I wrong? Is this outside teh scope of what Umbrello is meant for?

Thanks,

Jon
www.jsbsim.org