[Uml-user] perl classes to xmi perl2xmi

Hans Poo hans at opensource.cl
Thu Jun 14 19:09:02 UTC 2007

Hi Oliver,

I needed to reverse engineer some classes and, well, i made a little research, and in fact, i found
the script xmi_reverse.pl, i ran it against a directory and it seems to work, but when i tried to
open the generated model reversed.xmi with umbrello, it complains with a "load error" (i'am running
one of the latest versions of umbrello: 1.5.6), finally i built the perl2xmi script.

First, i thought that the XMI specification was the way, soon a left it and begun to analyze simple
umbrello xmi files, then i begun a little regular expression hacking in the file.. finally y ended
with this script.

Give it a try
Hans

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:47:42 +0200, Oliver Kellogg wrote