[Uml-user] deleting default lines between classes

Oliver Kellogg okellogg at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 22 18:03:26 UTC 2006

On Monday, 21 August 2006 12:04, Francois Colonna wrote:
> Catherine Moroney wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm drawing a class diagram with lots of "contains" relationships
> > (class B contains an object of Class A) and my diagram is getting
> > very cluttered up with lines.  Is there some way to turn off the
> > default drawing of all these lines so I can draw my own subset
> > of them later.  I've tried double-clicking on and then deleting
> > all the unwanted lines, but when I double-click on a class
> > object, all the lines come back.
> >
> > Another question tangentially related to lines: how come
> > umbrello draws the "B contains A" lines by default, but
> > does not draw the "B is a child of A" lines?  And, why
> > doesn't the class settings contain a field where you
> > can enter the parent class (if any).  Just curious -
> > the tool seems to do everything else but not this.
> >
> > Catherine
>
> I am asking the same questions and getting no answer.
> By the way, is there anybody from the development team looking at this
> list ?

Only rarely.
A better way to get attention is by opening a bug report or wish
at http://bugs.kde.org

> Thanks for giving us at least an acknowledgement

Umbrello has beed in "BFO mode" (bug fix only) for many months
due to lack of contributors.
Please understand that Umbrello is purely a community effort of
unpaid volunteers.  Please consider contributing.

Oliver M. Kellogg