[Uml-user] Can an attribute have NO return type (as in blank, not void)

Adam Stein adam at scan.mc.xerox.com
Thu Sep 22 12:21:26 UTC 2005

I've looked in the mailing list archives and didn't find anything.  I'm
currently running Umbrello v1.4.2.

I'm taking a class where we learned UML and thought I would try
Umbrello.  The one thing I noticed is that I couldn't create an
attribute without having to specify a return type.  For a simple
homework example, I didn't want to go to the trouble of creating new
classes to represent return types.  I can imagine that when I start
using this for real, at the very beginning I might not know what return
type I want for some attributes.

Is there anyway to create an attribute and leave the return type blank
(i.e. the field empty)?
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam at scan.mc.xerox.com

Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed
here have been proved to be my own.  [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]