[Uml-user] Can't name 2 *different* things with the same name?

Adam Stein adam at scan.mc.xerox.com
Fri Nov 4 06:12:43 UTC 2005

I'm trying to create a use case diagram where I would like a Use Case
item with the label "..." and an actor with the same label.

Umbrello (v1.4.3) tells me the name "..." is already taken when I try to
create the actor (because I've already created the Use Case).

It would seem to me that because they are different items, there would
be no name conflict.  Is this a bug or are you really NOT suppose to use
the same name on different items (obviously I can understand why you
can't have a duplicate with the same type of item).
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam at scan.mc.xerox.com

Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed
here have been proved to be my own.  [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]