[Uml-user] [Discussion] Tab view of Diagrams

Sven Bauhan lists at sven.bauhan.name
Sun Jan 30 02:29:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

the new way the Diagrams are arranged with tabs seems to be not very good to
me. As there can be a lot of diagrams in one project, there can be a lot of
tabs. So you have to search for diagrams.
Another point is, that diagrams can be arranged hierarchically. For example a
component diagram can have class diagrams for each of the components.
To open all diagrams when the project is opened in umbrello makes it very
slow. When openeing the class diagram of the umbrello sources it takes some
_minutes_ until it is loaded completely.

So to me it seems to be much better to create a hierarchically tree view for
the diagrams like the one for classes. and to generate the diagram just when
it is opened.

Greetings,
Sven