[Uml-user] I have a problem when I intend to associate class 3 with an association 1

Sven Bauhan lists at sven.bauhan.name
Tue Dec 6 11:47:17 UTC 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 17:01, Milton Galo Patricio wrote:
> Dear Sirs: I'm using umbrello to make my classes diagrams, so far
> everything goes fine, but I have a problem when I intend to associate
> class 3 with an association 1 that comes from class 1 and class 2
>
> _____________                                          __________
>
> |    clase 1  |  --------asociacion1--------------| clase 2 |
>
> --------------------              |
> ---------------

>                               | clase 3 |

Although those associations are defined by the UML standard it is highly
recommended not to use them. They have only academic usage because they can
not be implemented in the common languages. But normally you want to
implement a software design made with UML diagrams. So it helps to use only
those construct in diagrams you can realize.

Greetz,
Sven