[Uml-user] XMI and non-direction associations

Claudio Criscione claudio.criscione at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:23:31 UTC 2005

Salve,
	this is my first post so I think I really want to say a big "thank you" to
all the developers here. Umbrello is a great software. :)
	Now, down to business.
	I was not able to find an answer to my problem searching in the list, but I
hope this is not an old question...
	I'm developing a rather complex application that can map an UML diagram to an
Hibernate XML spec file. In the process, I need to read an XMI file and
import the resulting model into our internal representation.
	I noticed that if I create a directional association I've got a
UML:Association in the resulting XMI, while if i use a non-directional
association all I've got is the assocwidget element in XMI.extensions. So my
parser would have to parse the whole model AND the extensions, and that's not
very "clean"...
	Is this the expected behaviour? If so, why?
I'm using Umbrello 1.3.2 under KDE 3.3.2 (debian sarge).

Thank you in advance

--
Cordialmente,
Claudio Criscione