[Uml-user] Umbrello and Gnome

Rory McKinley rorym at nebula.co.za
Thu Aug 11 00:53:10 UTC 2005

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
<snip>
> What did you set the prefix to?
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
>
> is probably what you want.
<snip>

Hi Jonathan

Tried that for both 1.4.0 and 1.4.2 - no joy - still no executable in
/opt/kde3/bin. If it did work would an entry be added to my gnome
applications menu, or would I have to locate the executable and link to
it myself?

Also, could it perhaps be something from a previous failed install
attempt that is hampering things? While I have in the last couple of
attempts deleted my "build directory" and created a new one from the tar
 file each time, I have never tried locating the files that had been
written across successfully - e.g. I can find the umbrello documentation
in /opt/kde3...should I delete these or will the install process overwrite?

Regards

Rory