[Uml-user] Using Umbrello for Network / Hardware maps

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 04:18:01 UTC 2005

symbulos partners <partners at symbulos.com> [050418 13:11]:
> is it possible to use Umbrello for network maps (the map of a network, when
> you design a network for an organisation)?
>
> is it possible to use UML for network maps (the map of a network, when you
> design a network for an organisation)?

As far as I know there is no official definition how to do this. However, I
think it is possible to do it with a class diagram. Just make sure that you
write down how you define your notation, so that everybody can read the
diagrams created by you. There is one thing you have to ask yourself, and we
can't answer this: Is an UML modeller maybe a too heavy tool to draw such
basic charts?

Kind regards,

Sebastian Stein